Does Your Realtor Have the Skills? There are a number of ways to discover if an agent you are considering working with in selling your home has the necessary skills and experience to help you achieve your goals. There are strategies to use when you are selling your home.
It is important that you ask these questions before you begin working with an agent who is representing you as a Sellers Agent. Any top professional agent will answer these questions and he or she will respect your prudence. If an agent can't answer these questions, he or she might not be the most qualified person to handle the important responsibility of helping you with your home. There are thousands of dollars at stake, and it makes good common sense to be extra careful in selecting your Real Estate Agent.
1. What professional designations have you earned?
2. How many years have you been in business?
3. What is your average list-to-sales price ratio?
4. What type of report forms do you provide to your seller?
5. Will you be marketing within my neighborhood?
6. May I see a sample property brochure?
7. What is your written marketing plan?
8. On average, how many transactions do you close per year?
9. May I see your resume?
10. Have you sold many homes in my area?
11. Do you have a personal web page on the internet? May I have the URL?
12. Do you have an 'easy out' listing agreement policy so I can cancel the listing agreement with no strings attached and no further obligation? If not, why not?